So I am really starting to get hooked on updating our blog, especially when I have a good story. And I've got a good one. And this is much more fun than doing homework or dishes (which I am ignoring). So this last weekend we went down to Moab, we've been planning this trip forever, so we finally went. The first day it was just us, we climbed and biked a little. The second day my brother-in-law and his wife and a good friend came and we all braved Slick Rock. My first time. I was a little nervous because as much as I like to pretend I am a moutain biker, I am really not and have very little experience. So all is well, its still pretty hard, but I am in one piece. Then the last few miles, I rode my bike off a little drop off and scraped my whole left thigh and bruised my palm and wrist. I brushed myself off and got back on, no big deal. Then about 30 min after that, I was riding up a steep slope and started to veer across the hill, not up the hill, and at the bottom of the hill is a big patch of...cacti. So of course I fall, and trying to stop myself before I get to the cactus patch and I made it worse for myself and face planted directly on top of the cacti. I get up and find I am COVERED from chest level down to my ankles with the small hair-like needles and random long needles that are dug in deep. Really, it looked a lot worse than it felt. So I had a group of people surrounding me, helping me pull them all out. My sister-in-law got a picture, so if I can get it from her, maybe I will post it on here. Anyway, so to this day (4 days later) I am still pulling out the little invisible hair needles or the ones that broke off.
So thats my story. Believe it or not, it was so fun and I was proud I made it through even with a few injuries.
No comments:
Post a Comment