Sunday, August 16, 2009

Powell

Alright, this may be our last summer vacation before school starts (for Kevin, but I am dreading it just as well). Lake Powell never fails to be my favorite vacation of the year. Here is a glimpse of our trip.

Kevin has passed me by and is darn good at skiing. Its fun we coach each other and challenge each other.
Ok, so this picture has a story. If you look closely Kevin's got has some major cuts and sandstone burns. Melissa, Pete, Kevin and I found a rope coming out of slot/crack in the rock, so we decided to go check it out. It was HARD climbing I tell ya. We had to shimmy our way up with our feet on one side and our hands on the other with a deep crack below us, and then we got to a big boulder in the crack with a small hole. Kevin volunteers to be the brave explorer and he climbs through this hole and finds the rest of the crack is the same, so we decide to turn around. As Kev climbs down through the hole, a big boulder (60-70 lbs?) comes loose and hits his chest and traps him against the wall, with his feet dangling. It scared me to death, I thought he would for sure have some broken ribs. Anyway, Pete had to help him by having Kevin stand on his shoulders to he could boost the boulder up and slide down the wall with the boulder. I wish I had a picture. So Kevin is ok and healing from his wounds. Thank goodness.

Behind us is the beginning of the hike and the crack got deeper as we went up.
Now this is my adorable nephew Josh, and he loves vegetables, especially sprouts! This is him shoving them in by the handful. :)


Below is Kev, Melissa and I. Pete climbed out and took this picture.
This is the whole gang that hiked the narrows. These are my cousins from Vegas. They are a fun group.


Such a fun trip! We missed Trav and Cody and Lins. And I wish I had more pictures of my other nephew Wes, they were a hoot.







1 comment:

AshlieM said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss Lake Powell, I haven't been for years. We should have a girls night sometime with Danielle and Cassi. It would be fun to see you guys.