Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm safe and sound, but a little unnerved

So today was a wierd day. I don't know if any of you have been aware of the woman that was found up Hobble Creek canyon, but the news came on last night and I was shocked. She was found up by Jolly's Ranch which is very close to home and a place I visit often. Its actually where I had my bridals taken. But, we won't think about that. So before they identified her they said it was a woman 25-30 years of age and wearing 2 hearing aids. So today Kevin and I got several calls and texts making sure I was ok. Now there are more details and it sounds like the woman had a criminal nephew, so its good to know there isn't a creepy guy out stalking girls. But I've just been thinking about her a lot today and its just scary and sad. My good friend also had a scare by some creepy guy. So I'm just feeling sad that the world is such a scary place, but I also know that I can do my part to be safe and that Heavenly Father will take care of the rest.

To end this sad post on a good note, Kevin and I are doing great. I've signed up for a triathlon in May so I've been training for that. We are looking forward to a warm vacation to Cali in March. Oh I'm so excited, I feel so deprived of sunshine. I hope you are all safe and doing well!

4 comments:

The Duncan Family said...

I was so scared it was you! The description matched you almost perfectly. When I heard that it was an older lady, I was so relieved.

Crystal Kelly said...

I didn't hear about it until yesterday, so they already knew it was an older woman, but when I first heard it yesterday I thought of you! I'm glad you're ok Jen. :) It's sad the crazy things that happen in this world!

Kristina Curtis said...

i know i heard that last night too. WAY to creepy.

Bill and Mandy Guidry said...

I thought of you too! Crazy!

Um, I love your road bike! What tri are you doing?