Sunday, February 15, 2009

Figaro and Valentines Day

So I really struggled with this blog, and all the pictures are out of order and the text is as well. So just read and look at the pictures and hopefully at the end it will all make sense. Good luck!




So I have some news. We have adopted a cat! His name is Figaro and he is shaved like a lion (I didn't do it, his previous owner did) and they were calling him mufasa. He really does kind of act like a lion, with his low crouch and prowl. We got him a week ago and it has taken him that long to adjust to a new place. He has been hiding in our closet and hissing at us every day until the last few days he is soo hungry for attention and loves to be scratched behind the ears. So we like him. :)





So yesterday Kevin and I went snowshoeing to Antelope Island. I'd never been there and wanted to see if there were really buffalo there like Kevin claimed. Turns out there really are buffalo on the island! It was just us on this mountain with a beautiful view and the clouds were amazing. It was so rejuvinating and a stress reliever for us to get out and see the beautiful scenery.



And Kevin got me the best Valentine's present ever. This awesome plant, its called a bromeliad. I love it. I was never much of roses and flowers type of girl. Kevin still treats me like a queen and we have so much fun together. I feel blessed to have to have married my best friend. Oh, and I took some pictures of our new place. I still need to hang stuff up, and we need to buy some rugs, but we have time. Hope you are all doing well!



















2 comments:

Nick and Dyanna said...

Figaro!? Like from pinnochio? I love it!

Bill and Mandy Guidry said...

You guys are so stinking cute! I am glad that you are so happy. It is great being married to your best pal huh? I love it! So how was the snowshoeing on Antelope Island. It looks like you guys had some great views. Did you do a particular hike, or just walk around. We went about a month ago and mostly just drove around cuz it was wicked cold!