So this may be the longest blog ever, and even then I will have to only put in my favorite pictures. I took as many as I could. Our trip to the Philipines was...truly one of my all time favorite vacations. It could not have been better. So here we go, picture time.

So first I have to introduce Kevin's mission president and his wife, Sis. Daquioag (Duke-ee-wog). We stayed 5 nights with them in the mission home. They are amazing and so generous.

So the first day we took toothbrushes and toothpaste to the schools and taught the kids how to brush their teeth. It was way fun, but President thought we should wear these ugly yellow volunteer vests.


Monkeys! So there is a place on the island that if you take bananas and make monkey calls, the monkeys come running! This is President teaching the monkey (can you see its face?) and one climbing up Kevin's pants. They were not shy at all!
There are beautiful rice fields everywhere! They eat a lot of rice, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
There are trucks, motorcycles, vans, any vehicle is just loaded with people. Kev and I actually rode on top of a bus holding onto the bars when it was dark! Oh and I had a skirt on too. :)
WATERFALLS! Because I am fascinated by waterfalls, we tried to go to as many as we could. They were so beautiful and just...I can't even find the right words. See for yourself.


I am not too excited about posting myself in a swimsuit, but this one was my favorite, its in the background of the first picture. Isn't it amazing?

Last picture! This was another amazingly beautiful island, Borrocay. It is more popular and touristy. Check out the sunset.
The trip was jam packed with beautiful sights, incredibly generous and humble people, traveling to different islands, and falling in love even more with my husband. I got to meet all his converts, who are basically his second family. I feel like I got to experience more of what his mission was like, and it just really made me love him even more.
7 comments:
WOW!! What an amazing vacation! Brady and Nick both served their missions in the Philippines and they both had to pass "the test" as well. I watched Brady eat it on film and about puked. You are brave! Looks like an unforgettable vacation. I hope to see you tomorrow!
Looks like you had a great time. It is so beautiful! Man, I wish Jesse served somewhere like that. We did get to visit Georgia, very, very exciting.
Jeni that waterfall is amazing! I am also a big fan. I heard that the philippines is amazing but I haven't actually seen pictures. I am jealous! I am with Sam, Nick served in Washington. Haven't been yet but I am sure it will be exciting when we do.
Looks awesome. That chicken thing is disgusting. Makes me want to puke just looking at it. Does Kevin like it now? I am getting wimpy in my old age...I wouldn't even have gotten near it. Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!
I love the pictures! what a fun trip. o and btw your swimsuit pic is fabulous-i wish i could look as adoarable as you!
Looks like a nice vacation! I have to agree with Cassi, with the egg thing though, Yuck! I really love the waterfall, how beautiful!
Looks like a blast! What a great experience for you two. You guys are so cute.
Post a Comment