Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One big happy family


So interesting chain of events happened this last weekend. I offered to watch a friends dog for a week, not sure what day that would be. Well it so happened to be the same day that Kevin's grandma had a tiny little yorkie follow her home. Grandma was leaving out of town the next day so we took him in, after we put an ad online. So this last weekend we had Sam the playful mutt, Larry (we made that up) the timid and innocent little yorkie, and of course Figaro, the "don't come near me or I'll swipe you" cat. It was quite a weekend, but I loved it! I love dogs and I love taking Sam with me on my runs and having someone to talk to when Kevin's not home. Anyway, so the owners ended up calling and claiming Larry (who's real name was Teddy) and we had to give him back. Sad day. We still have Sam and Figaro and they are starting to get along. Last night Sam was sitting next to Kevin on the LoveSac and Figaro usually cuddles with us on the LoveSac and he comes up and watches Kevin and Sam for a minute and timidly climbs up on Kevin and ended up sitting on top of Sam so he could cuddle with Kevin too. It was pretty funny but I couldn't get up to get the camera without ruining the moment. :) Hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

Di said...

Hey Jen! I'm glad you found my blog! I haven't heard from you in forever! How are you? How's married life? I hope all is well!!

Crystal Kelly said...

Oh that sounds so cute! lol I was at my nephew's b-day party this week and I was holding a kitty and John sat next to me holding a puppy and the next thing I knew the cat was clawing the puppy, and me!! Ouch! I'm glad yours all got along. :)