Friday, July 9, 2010

Sundial Peak!!



Over the holiday weekend Kevin, Brady (our climbing friend) and I climbed Sundial peak. One of the coolest experiences of my life! We hiked a 2 hour brutal hike to the base of the peak, by Lake Blanche, and camped there. Early the next morning we started the 5 pitch, 850 ft acsent to the summit. It was intense! It took us a lot longer than we thought, but we made it down safe and sound. I really struggle getting the pictures in the right order, so they are really random.
Can you see Brady in this picture? He led this pitch up the crack and over the roof. It was scary!

This is Brady's feet after the a million hours of hiking. Yuck. This is Kevin and I at the summit. The top was sketchy and all the rocks were loose and broken. We felt like we were going to slide off any time.

This is the view from about halfway up. It was a beautiful day to climb! This is Lake Blanche.
This is Kevin on the first pitch with all the gear. I am constantly amazed by his climbing skills.

This is the only exciting picture of me and I'm belaying. :)


This is us at the base after we finally made it down. We were burnt, hungry and very tired. And we still had another 2 hours of hiking down. You can see the face that we climbed up.

So it was a great trip. I love being able to do this kind of stuff with my husband. Although this was the first time I've seen Kevin so protective of me. He didn't want me to go first, he kept telling me to sit down and get away from the edge. :) Anyway we are enjoying the summer and there has been a lot of changes--Travis is home!!! Yay! And Pete and Melissa had their baby-Rylan. She's awesome. I will try to post pictures of them sometime.










2 comments:

AshlieM said...

It was so fun seeing you guys, too bad we couldn't visit longer. We should do a girls night sometime, with Cassi!

Cassi said...

so reading ashlie's post...yes we should do a girls night!
jeni- these pics are awesome. You guys are so adventurous. I am a little jealous, but also a chicken in my old age.